1. Refresh the house with a new coat of paint. Painting the interior can lift the mood of your house and it’s inexpensive if you’re willing to do the painting yourself.
2. Replace your Splashback. Sometimes making one major change in the kitchen is enough to lift the whole room. Glass splashbacks are still popular but, at about half the price, Acrylic is a cheaper alternative. The only limitation is that acrylics can’t be used directly behind stoves. QAQ decorative screens and panels can supply Acrylic and Perspex.
3. Change the light switches. Often, it’s the details that count and standard white light switches tend to look yellow over time. Many brands make coloured or metal switch plates.
4. Makeover the bathroom but painting the existing tiles. White Knight makes a high-gloss tile paint as well as a nifty little grout pen, for painting over discoloured grout.
5. Revamp the entrance. First impressions count! By painting the front door in a strong colour, such as red or blue. Updating doorway furniture and the entrance mat. Another great idea could be adding a decorative screen to the hall way wall. Screens can be brought at www.qaq.com.au
Have you got any tips you would like to share?